Visiting Mobile Monday in Amsterdam, MOMO, being a Recruiter… Means actually NOT that I am hunting for Mobile freaks who are able to apply the mobile technology and possibly could fullfill a job in some massive Telco company….
No, I go there to see what kind of possibilities MOBILE could create for Recruitment.
What do you think, how is MOBILE going to be used in Recruitment.
Will it only be, just another channel to advertise our jobs, or….
Here is a summary of options provided by some Linkedin connections:
- Just SMS the Jobdescription and percentage hike and leave it to them to follow up on the offer! Or send a message with the text JOB345 to our short-code and one of our recruiters will get in touch with you. Simple but effective.
- Send messages through Bluetooth in the surrounding of an event.
- Because of the mobile internet job seekers can also subscribe on a vacancy alert, and give a call directly if they are interested.
- LBS, could be an interesting way to use recruiting in a variety of settings ranging from a conference event to on-campus recruiting and/or even when someone is (literally) driving by a respective companies’ location; targeted posts could be sent out based on profile preferences.
- Wouldn’t it be awesome if you could carry your business card or resume in your phone and and automatically send it to another person using NFC technology. From a recruiters perspective, If you could send your business card or a job description using this technology to someone you meet at a career fair or conference; this would be very helpful. Once you receive someone’s business card or resume, the information would be added to your phone’s contact list and using the same NFC technology you could print out the resume when you get back to the office or email it to your email account.
I am curious if you’ve got some other “Think Print” ideas.